Practically, I would settle on a modest figure, verify the required notice and deliver it in writing well before renewal. Keep the explanation short: current rent, new rent, effective date and appreciation for the tenant's record. You could also state that future rent will be reviewed...
C$1,180,000. My two facts are 2,580 sq ft and five bedrooms. I’m taking the other side of the condition argument: “average” is not the same as poor, and buyers who need that much space may value the existing layout more than cosmetic finishes.
Zara's question about the comparables is the key missing piece. I would make a short table of genuinely similar available units, note how long they remain advertised, and separate asking prices from any confirmed outcomes you can legitimately obtain. If $1,870 is only the optimistic end, there...
I would choose a smaller increase. One vacant month at the current rent would consume roughly eight and a half months of the extra $195, before cleaning, repairs or leasing costs. Asking rent also is not necessarily achieved rent.
Confirm the lease and notice requirements first, then explain...
Confirm the first mortgage payment date and amount with the lender rather than assuming it will match a normal monthly payment on a convenient date. A cash-flow squeeze can happen even when the annual budget looks affordable. I’d also keep some money unassigned, because estimates made before...
I’d prioritise the lease details, but I disagree that floor area can then be handled with a straight €/m² calculation. Larger apartments do not necessarily price every additional square metre at the same rate as smaller ones. A 150 m² unit should ideally be compared with similarly sized...
There is a downside to repeated pre-offer inspections: you may pay for several and still buy nothing. Even so, at C$1,019,000 that cost may be easier to absorb than an unknown major repair. I disagree with using a “structural only” clause unless its meaning is made very clear locally. A short...
Those numbers alone cannot distinguish seasonality from selectivity. How was the 1.3% calculated: original asking price versus sold price, final asking price versus sold price, or active asking prices compared with a separate group of sales? Price reductions can make those versions tell very...
Have each agent put the strategy in writing: suggested launch price, expected buyer range, comparable completed sales, current competition, and when they would recommend a reduction. Then decide according to your own deadline. If you need a dependable sale or expect buyers to face financing...
How recent is the sole completed sale, and is it in the same building or only the broader area? If this home is part of a shared building, current service charges, planned works and the reserve position could change both affordability and resale appeal. That package would be my most...
Seller motivation is the hardest part because the public history rarely tells you why they listed. Rather than guessing, an offer can test it: choose a price supported by completed comparables, keep the terms clean where practical, and set a response period that suits your own timeline. If they...
The local board is a sensible starting point, but broad averages can hide large differences between condo buildings and neighbourhoods. I’d also read discussions on mortgage comparisons and legal checklists so the headline price is not viewed in isolation. Are you mainly trying to assess another...
Some people have suggested prioritising location and accepting a smaller unit, while others think floor area matters more at this budget. I can see the case for both, but I need two bedrooms that work as actual sleeping rooms rather than one bedroom plus a cramped den.
My ceiling is C$938,300...
The unit has only been listed for 11 days, so my main concern is whether a 4% discount is premature rather than whether the figure is defensible. It is a Vancouver retail property asking C$1,904,000, with updating required and too little completed-sale evidence for me to pin down value...