Recent content by BoldGlass

  1. B

    Lagos coastal homes: is the 35-day figure being distorted by active listings?

    Price cuts could explain more than the headline average. Separate homes that found buyers at the original ask from those reduced after a few weeks. The useful figure may be “days from effective market price to buyer,” while sellers care about total days from the first, possibly ambitious, asking...
  2. B

    Offering 10% below asking on a Cape Town serviced apartment

    I have checked nearby listings and the likely cost of updating the apartment, but I still cannot tell how motivated the seller is or what comparable properties have actually sold for. This is a two-bedroom serviced apartment in Cape Town, advertised at ZAR 5,551,000 for 27 days. I am...
  3. B

    Suggestion: add mortgage-rate filters to the market boards

    On reflection, the controlled-list part is the difficult bit. A tag could identify “mortgage-rate discussion,” but it should not try to encode the actual number. The searchable details could sit in an optional section with rate, date and context, while the tag simply marks relevant threads.
  4. B

    Suggestion: add mortgage-rate filters to the market boards

    I lean toward tags rather than a dedicated field. Rates are not equally relevant to every property post, and regional boards may describe lending differently. A small controlled list would preserve posting speed and avoid adding another box to every new thread.
Back
Top