Recent content by bright_blueprint

  1. B

    Grouping small repairs without missing an electrical problem

    One missing fact: are the costs mostly call-out fees, or are contractors finding genuine defects each time? That distinction changes the response. I would also compare the value of batching with the cost of frustrating a reliable tenant. Market rent, likely vacancy time and turnover work all...
  2. B

    Grouping small repairs without missing an electrical problem

    Start with the maintenance history: dates, affected rooms, symptoms, contractor findings and whether any request is a repeat. If several items involve the same electrical circuit or recur after repair, grouping them for one broader inspection makes more sense than continuing with isolated fixes...
  3. B

    Madrid new-build: is €35,880 enough to keep after completion?

    I’d work backwards from an emergency fund measured in months of essential spending, including the new mortgage and service charges. Treat that amount as untouchable. Then reserve separately for moving, any inspection priorities and the first payment cycle. Furniture comes last: a bed, basic...
  4. B

    MX$23.49m 1-bed at MX$90,020/month: does the yield hold up?

    I’d go further: even a complete expense list may not rescue this if the rent is merely optimistic. Stress-test a lower achieved rent, extra vacancy between tenants, a large repair and higher financing costs if debt is involved. Then compare the resulting cash flow with a cash purchase. Rather...
  5. B

    How much below asking rent is a reliable Chicago condo tenant worth?

    Keeping a dependable tenant is appealing, especially when managing from a distance, but a permanent reduction of $1,947 a month is expensive. I’d first replace the $9,973 asking figure with evidence of achieved rents, then price a realistic vacancy, leasing cost and turnover work. Compare that...
  6. B

    How much cash should remain after buying a Mexico City townhouse?

    I may be too close to this to judge clearly. After the deposit and estimated closing costs on a 5-bed Mexico City townhouse around MX$22,320,000, I would have roughly MX$666,000 left. That still has to cover moving, any immediate inspection findings, furniture, service charges, insurance excess...
  7. B

    Los Angeles snapshot — price movement +7.7% and rental regulation

    I’m not convinced regulation automatically produces a negotiable discount. A motivated seller might accept one, but another seller may wait for a buyer whose plans fit the property. Look at when price cuts occur and whether they follow a long marketing period. If affected listings are withdrawn...
Back
Top