Another practical question: would the seller permit a targeted follow-up inspection? A specialist look at the supply issue could replace a broad contingency amount with a clearer proceed-or-withdraw decision.
Inheritance planning may be important, but it can also make the first meeting too broad. I’d start with the ownership options that are genuinely available for this warehouse and eliminate unsuitable ones. Then ask targeted questions: are there restrictions on the proposed purchaser, what annual...
What are the service charge and insurance excess, and is either already included in your estimate? For a duplex, I’d also want to know whether the management company has mentioned upcoming shared works. Those figures could change how comfortable €34,040 really is.
I agree with delaying furniture, but my question about the inspection wasn’t only about major defects. Several modest jobs arriving together can be just as disruptive: minor plumbing, locks, decorating and an appliance replacement. I’d make a first-year work list from the report and assign rough...
Does the €21,160 figure remain after every solicitor, valuation and lender-related cost you already know about, or are some still estimates? Also, is this villa part of a managed development? If so, the amount and payment date of any service charge could materially change the first few months.
I’m not convinced 72 days tells you much without new-listing volume. A slow-looking listing can still have a motivated seller, while repeated withdrawals can make the visible stock appear tighter than it is. Price-cut timing would be more useful: a reduction after two weeks suggests something...
I would push back slightly on the idea that the contingency necessarily preserves a fresh negotiation. It may protect an exit while giving no entitlement to a repair credit. The seller’s “spirit” argument is beside the point, but so is treating every adverse finding as permission to reprice.
If...
I’d send each agent the same short list and request written answers: full fee basis, included photography, extra charges, named contact, viewing coverage, response times, buyer qualification, offer reporting, support after a fall-through, and any conflicts they would disclose. That should expose...
How tightly have you drawn the neighbourhood boundaries, and are you recording the original asking price rather than only today’s figure? I’d track new-listing volume, withdrawals and when reductions occur. A cluster of cuts after a similar number of weeks may reveal more than the average...