I’m not convinced rental regulation should lead the analysis. A duplex needing substantial work attracts a smaller buyer pool and creates uncertainty about the final cost. That can widen negotiations even if demand and tenancy circumstances are unchanged.
What does the AED 36,700 figure exclude? In particular, have you confirmed when the first mortgage payment is due and whether the property has recurring service charges? Those could change the picture more than the moving cost. I would also wait for the inspection before assigning a repair amount.
“Clean financing” should not mean taking unlimited appraisal risk. Before signing, understand what happens if the lender’s valuation is below the agreed price, how much cash you would need to bridge the gap, and when the deposit becomes exposed. The exact contract treatment matters in Dubai, so...
I’d go further and record when each completed figure first appeared and whether it was later revised. A December listing matched against data published later can create a timing distortion. Transaction volume matters too: a 1.9% gap during a thin period may tell you less than the same gap across...