An inspection finding is not automatically a reason to abandon a studio, but it should change one of three things: the decision, the terms, or the post-closing plan. The mistake is acknowledging a problem during inspection and then failing to reserve either time or money for it after completion.
Both points can be true: the market data may justify negotiating, but it cannot tell you whether waiting suits your life. I’d make two written limits before proceeding: the highest all-in monthly cost you can carry without strain, and the minimum cash reserve left after closing. Then compare the...
I would relist promptly and have the agent explain, without unnecessary detail, that the previous buyer’s financing condition was not satisfied. A long unexplained pause may create more suspicion than the failed deal itself.
That said, “proof of funds” only answers part of the question when...
Adding the insurance deductible and townhouse charges raises a more useful question: how much of the C$58,050 is genuinely uncommitted? On a C$317,200 purchase, keeping a larger reserve by choosing a cheaper property may reduce stress, but it could also mean walking away from a suitable home...
Visit the block at several times rather than judging demand from the listing. Weekday daytime activity may matter to a commercial tenant, while evenings, deliveries and noise may matter more to a residential tenant. The same location can serve one side of a mixed-use property much better than...
I’d ask for the evidence in separate buckets: recent comparable transactions, current competing listings and the subject property’s own listing history. They do not carry equal weight. Then ask what adjustments were made for condition, size, location within the building and other material...
I keep changing my mind on this one. It is a Toronto detached home with 2 bedrooms and approximately 2,210 sq ft, listed at C$1,228,000 after 58 days. I would call the condition average: good natural light and location, but dated finishes. I also need to allow for possible transaction costs and...
Thirty-two days on the market tells me very little. My specific concern is that there is only one completed sale against which to assess this 4-bed Toronto villa, listed at C$1,917,000 with about 970 sq ft in average condition.
The property has appealing natural light and sits in a location I...
Good distinction. I didn’t record enough detail to say whether the apparent duplicates came from different advertisers, and I wasn’t systematic about map-pin accuracy. My notes mainly captured the stale status and conflicting floor-area information.
I’ll redo the shortlist using one row per...
I used SeLoger while searching for a coastal home around Cape Town. The coverage was useful, and I particularly valued the closing-cost information, but apparent duplicates, stale availability and inconsistent floor-area figures made meaningful comparisons harder than expected.
The missing...
We received an early offer of about C$1,924,000 on our Toronto property. The speed is attractive, but the listing agent says they can also work with the buyer. I’m struggling to see how confidential advice and negotiation stay independent in that arrangement.
Before considering it, I want...
I wouldn’t create four rigid pots yet. Moving, repairs and furniture overlap: you might need temporary storage, an appliance replacement or curtains before a dining set. Keep one emergency reserve and one flexible settling-in fund until the inspection and handover details are clear. If that...
One practical next step for anyone approaching completion: make a post-closing cash list before committing the remainder to furniture or improvements. Include known fees, moving costs, inspection items that can wait, urgent repairs and a separate buffer for unknowns. The list will vary by...
I wouldn’t automatically demand a particular net yield without knowing the financing. The same property can look acceptable with substantial equity and uncomfortable with debt that must be renewed at a higher rate.
Before deciding, I’d request the condo budget and reserve information, verify...