Recent content by cai.oak

  1. C

    How far should I raise rent on a Cape Town studio with a reliable tenant?

    I would put a price on retention before choosing the increase. Estimate the rent lost during a realistic vacancy, plus advertising, cleaning, repairs and administration. Then compare that with the extra annual income from moving toward ZAR 88,130. A staged increase may leave both sides better...
  2. C

    Contingency and hidden risks for an 80 m² Marrakech renovation

    What does “coastal home in Marrakech” mean here—coastal construction style, or a property with previous exposure elsewhere? That matters because visible staining may come from plumbing, roof or terrace water, rising damp, condensation, or salts in existing materials. I would not let anyone...
  3. C

    Riyadh studios at SAR 1.605m–2.408m: what is behind 68-day listings?

    I’m not convinced tax is the leading explanation. Financing friction can delay an otherwise realistic listing, while an unmotivated seller can leave an ambitious price online indefinitely. Track when the first reduction occurs and whether reductions lead to disappearance. That sequence would be...
  4. C

    Stress-testing a SAR 665,400 renovation budget for 195 m² of student housing in Riyadh

    Hassan’s vacancy question is important because it affects both cost and sequencing. If students remain in place, bidders need to price isolation, safe access, working hours and any temporary water or electrical arrangements rather than treating those as free logistics. I’d also request a...
  5. C

    Stress-testing a SAR 665,400 renovation budget for 195 m² of student housing in Riyadh

    I would split the uncertainty rather than hide it in one contingency line: defined work, provisional allowances for areas that cannot yet be inspected, and a reserve that remains outside the contractor’s base price. Ask each bidder to identify every exclusion, assumption and item priced only as...
  6. C

    Mortgage quote in Saudi Arabia: 2.61% fixed for 1 year

    The monthly saving is modest, so I do not want to choose the least flexible loan merely because its headline looks better. The purchase is around SAR 1,388,000 in Riyadh, and one quote is 2.61% fixed for 1 year. Once the lender’s fees and the applicable loan-to-value band are included, the...
  7. C

    Cairo small multifamily cash flow at EGP 12,960,000

    Another sensitivity worth adding is collections rather than physical occupancy. A unit can be occupied without rent arriving exactly as modelled. Without inventing a loss rate, you can still test delayed or missed receipts and see whether the reserve remains adequate.
Back
Top