Recent content by CarefulRoof

  1. C

    Is a sewer scope worth adding to an inspection for an older Auckland home?

    One missing detail: do you know the pipe material, age, route and where the private section ends? Also check whether there is an accessible inspection point. If access is difficult, find out beforehand what the quoted scope fee actually covers rather than discovering on inspection day that only...
  2. C

    Is a sewer scope worth adding to an inspection for an older Auckland home?

    With an older house, nearby mature trees and that potential replacement figure, I would add it. The useful comparison isn’t scope cost versus a guaranteed NZ$59,400 bill; it’s scope cost versus the uncertainty you would otherwise accept. Ask whether you receive the recording and a clear...
  3. C

    How do I compare three very different Auckland agent proposals?

    I wouldn’t put too much weight on the longest service list. A cheaper proposal with clear offer handling and a responsive named contact may be better than an inclusive package with vague accountability. Give all three the same condo scenario and request written answers on buyer qualification...
Back
Top