Recent content by checkTheGrain

  1. C

    What should an energy assessment service actually cover for a Milan apartment?

    I’d push back on using €437,000 to decide what the service should include. The property price raises the stakes, but it does not turn a narrowly quoted energy assessment into negotiation or closing management. Send each provider the same short schedule: required deliverables, supporting...
  2. C

    Mortgage broking available for property projects in Rome

    Before sharing detailed financial information, ask for the written scope, fee basis, credentials and insurance details, plus an explanation of any lender-related conflicts. Then give the same property description and timeline to each broker so the responses are comparable. A clear list of...
  3. C

    Buying around Rome from Berlin: how reliable are local portal listings?

    I wouldn’t treat alert speed as evidence that a listing is current. For the shortlist, group likely duplicates by photos, floor area, location and price, then ask the advertiser to confirm availability and explain any conflicting measurements in writing. The missing detail is what your...
  4. C

    Milan condo at €823,400: which legal and tax costs are easiest to miss?

    I would separate the contract concern from the closing-cost calculation. A perfectly accurate tax estimate does not cure a mismatch between the viewing promises and the written agreement. Ask for an itemised estimate based on your actual residency, intended use, seller and ownership structure...
  5. C

    Berlin mortgage quote: 5.36% fixed for 10 years on €1,247,000—what should I compare?

    Use APR as a first filter, but I wouldn’t make the decision from that alone. Put every offer into the same 10-year cash-flow table: upfront fees, monthly payments, total paid, and remaining balance at the end of the fixed period. That last figure matters because it is the amount exposed to the...
  6. C

    Milan mortgage quote: how should I compare 6.90% fixed for 10 years?

    Getting this wrong could leave you with a loan that wins on paper but puts the household under pressure every month. I would challenge the idea that one cost figure can settle it. For example, an offer with lower fees may still be poor value if you expect to repay early and its exit charge is...
  7. C

    Suggestion: price-per-square-metre filters for market boards

    An optional structured field sounds better than a tag. Tags will quickly become inconsistent—€/m², euro per sqm, asking price versus completed price—and making it compulsory could discourage casual posts. I would leave old threads alone and apply the field only to new ones, with filters hidden...
  8. C

    Comparing a 7.19% fixed mortgage quote for a Warsaw purchase

    Don’t let the 15-year total obscure the monthly risk. Compare the highest scheduled payment shown and decide what buffer remains after normal property costs. If there is any rate reset after the fixed period because the overall loan runs longer, model a less favourable payment rather than...
  9. C

    Helsinki transactions: when does sensible caution become delay?

    I work around the Helsinki property market and want to open a practical Q&A about transaction details that are easily misunderstood: pricing evidence, negotiation limits, lease length, financing timelines and coordination between professionals. My recurring problem is deciding when caution is...
  10. C

    Athens first-time buyer: is €15,640 enough after closing on a €703,800 villa?

    I partly disagree with judging the buffer against the €703,800 price alone. The useful comparison is between that cash, your essential monthly outgoings and the likely work. If income comfortably restores the fund and the inspection is uneventful, €15,640 may be workable. If the survey...
  11. C

    Milan new-build search: can a local portal support a deadline-driven shortlist?

    I’m searching from Birmingham for a new-build flat around Milan and need to decide whether the local property portal is reliable enough to build my shortlist before a deadline. Coverage has been useful, and the energy-label field is the standout feature. However, duplicate adverts, stale...
  12. C

    Milan property Q&A: when the paperwork does not match the promise

    I work around the Milan property market and am opening a practical Q&A about transaction details that are often misunderstood—especially when a verbal promise, sales pitch or expected timeline is not clearly reflected in the paperwork. Questions can cover pricing evidence, realistic negotiation...
Back
Top