Recent content by coffeeAndAnchor

  1. C

    Would CHF 26,400 after closing be enough of a buffer?

    I’m less reassured by the headline number. A maintained property can still produce an immediate repair, and duplex costs may include shared items depending on the ownership arrangement. I would delay if paying for the move and basic setup would leave you unable to cover a meaningful repair...
  2. C

    Bayut for a Rio coastal-home search: useful coverage, uncertain freshness

    A practical workaround is a short comparison sheet: listing link, advertiser, stated price, area figure and its definition, pin confidence, date first seen, date confirmed available, and response received. That will expose duplicates and changes quickly. When contacting an advertiser, ask the...
  3. C

    Taking on valuation work around São Paulo

    Turnaround time can be misleading unless it separates the inspection date, research period, draft delivery and final report. A fast headline response may depend on access to the property and the information supplied. I’d ask for those stages in writing rather than choosing solely on the earliest...
  4. C

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for student housing in Rio de Janeiro

    Are those genuinely comparable occupied properties, or just current listings? Asking rent can be optimistic. Student housing also varies substantially depending on room count, furnishings, utilities and lease timing. I’d want those details, plus the property’s maintenance history and typical...
Back
Top