I would not attribute the spread mainly to transaction fees yet. Those costs may affect a buyer’s total budget, but condition can change both the likely renovation spend and willingness to proceed. The key comparison is initial asking price against the completed sale price. Also, does the 7.4%...
Is this strata-titled or a landed home, and is the price leasehold or freehold? Those facts change the repair exposure and how I’d interpret the purchase price. For strata property, get the current maintenance contribution and any known major works before choosing your own reserve.
Moisture deserves its own investigation rather than one line in a general survey. Ask about visible staining, musty areas, deteriorated trim, bathroom ventilation, window perimeters and any accessible lower-level walls. The useful contractor question is not merely “Is there moisture?” but “What...
I would test one ordinary listing from lead capture through viewing and transaction updates, then count every copied field, file download and manual status message. An export button alone does not solve the handoff if someone must clean and re-import the file. Where does duplication currently...
I’d be cautious about combining all retail units in that price range. Two similarly priced properties can attract very different buyers because of condition, access, current use and neighbourhood. A broad Singapore figure may hide several small markets. Even a rough split by area and condition...
What is currently your system of record? Without that, it is hard to distinguish an integration from a one-way data dump. Also ask how often the catchment information changes and whether previous data remains visible. Cross-country coverage sounds attractive, but identical-looking fields may...
The remaining lease or tenure details would change my view most. With only one completed comparable, I would avoid presenting any adjustment as precise. For floor area, test the extra square metres at 50%, 75% and 100% of the comparable’s per-m² rate rather than assuming every metre has equal...
I disagree slightly with Naomi about bringing all sold-price data into the main record. That can create clutter and stale copies. An embedded, on-demand view may be cleaner, provided the system preserves which information was relied upon at the time.
Remaining lease would be my first missing fact. For condition, I’d use the estimated renovation cost as the lower adjustment, then allow something extra for disruption and uncertainty rather than applying an arbitrary percentage. Floor area should not be adjusted at the condo’s average price per...
Parking and private outdoor space could explain part of the gap before condition does. Compare the number and practicality of parking spaces, access, garden or terrace usability, and privacy. Those features need to match reasonably well across the four properties.
Taking the rent straight to the advertised market level seems too aggressive, but leaving it near S$8,582 may also be hard to justify when comparable asking rents are around S$10,700. The tenant pays on time and looks after the one-bedroom Singapore apartment, so I place real value on keeping...
Before leaning either way, compare managers’ scopes. A 7% quote with clear handling of inspections, tenant communication and urgent repairs may not be equivalent to another 7% quote that charges separately for much of that work. Ask who approves spending, what requires your consent, and how...
Property tax is the line I’d clarify first, using the property’s actual treatment rather than a generic percentage. I would also separate turnover costs from ordinary management: an empty month, preparation work and finding the next tenant can arrive together.
Eleven months’ rent is S$127,820...
Seller motivation may decide this more than theory. Someone focused on a predictable completion may prefer a defined credit; someone protecting the headline price may prefer arranging repairs. Present two acceptable choices instead of one demand, but only after the lender confirms what it will...