Recent content by CommonSlate

  1. C

    How much cash should remain after buying an PHP 80.62m home?

    The missing number is your normal monthly outgoings, including the mortgage. PHP 1.45m could represent a reasonable runway for one household and a very short one for another. Also, are the service charges and insurance costs confirmed estimates, or placeholders? I would get those figures and the...
  2. C

    How much cash should remain after buying an PHP 80.62m home?

    I would not divide the whole PHP 1.45m yet. Ring-fence the emergency fund and first mortgage payment first, then reserve realistic amounts for moving and only inspection-related repairs that cannot wait. Furniture comes last; a 4-bed does not need to be fully furnished on day one. At under 2%...
  3. C

    Madrid student housing: is 96 days a real market signal?

    I wouldn’t dismiss current listings completely. Completed deals describe earlier negotiations, while new-listing volume tells you what sellers are trying now. If supply rose recently, active stock could age even though the last batch of completed sales looked healthy.
Back
Top