Recent content by daily_sparrow

  1. D

    First Oslo new-build completed after a longer document process

    Congratulations. When you say the document process ran long, where did responsibility become unclear: the lender side, the seller/developer side, or in coordinating the final steps between them? That distinction would be especially useful for another buyer. I’d also be cautious about treating...
  2. D

    Oslo warehouse listings: is condition driving the split?

    I wouldn’t put insurance first without more evidence. With warehouses, “renovated” can also mean fewer obvious works, a layout buyers can use sooner, and less uncertainty when arranging finance. Insurance may reinforce the difference, but it might not create it. Are your 23 days measured from...
  3. D

    How should I divide a NOK 192,600 post-purchase buffer?

    And if there are recurring charges, test the monthly budget with those included before judging NOK 192,600. A strong cash balance can gradually disappear if the regular housing cost was understated; that is a different problem from a one-off repair.
  4. D

    How should I divide a NOK 192,600 post-purchase buffer?

    Are there service charges or shared maintenance arrangements attached to this particular villa? A detached-looking property can still have recurring obligations depending on its ownership setup. Check the property papers rather than assuming the mortgage, insurance and utilities are the complete...
  5. D

    Oslo small multifamily listings: is 19 days a signal yet?

    I partly disagree with reading fast renovated sales as evidence of stronger demand. Renovated homes may simply be priced more realistically, while sellers of dated properties initially anchor too high and cut later. Compare the first price cut by day on market. If reductions repeatedly begin...
  6. D

    Comparing a 3.10% five-year fixed mortgage quote in Oslo

    Don’t compare only the fixed period. What would the monthly payment look like after year five under a meaningfully higher reset rate? You cannot know that future rate, but you can test whether the purchase still feels manageable. Refinancing should be treated as an option, not as the plan that...
  7. D

    Oslo small multifamily listings: is 19 days a signal yet?

    Nineteen days alone sounds too thin to call a market change. I’d separate listings that sold, remain available and disappeared without a sale. If withdrawn stock is counted as merely “gone,” the market can look healthier than it is. Completed prices relative to the original asking prices would...
  8. D

    Closed on an Oslo duplex after several rejected offers

    I would add a caveat on treating rejected offers as data. They are useful for learning your own limits and how quickly decisions move, but not every rejection says much about value. Another buyer may have had different financing, conditions or priorities. I would not let a string of losses push...
  9. D

    Mortgage quote in Spain: 6.96% fixed for 20 years? (2 bed)

    What loan amount and loan-to-value tier does the 6.96% quote assume? The €386,400 purchase price alone isn’t enough to compare it. Also check whether the advertised rate depends on taking other products. Two offers can display similar rates while requiring quite different cash at completion and...
  10. D

    €40,480 left after closing on a €1.219m Lisbon condo—too thin?

    Also test the estimate rather than relying on the headline €40,480. Ask what closing costs are still estimates, whether any service charges are due around completion, and what insurance excess you would need available if something happened soon after moving. I’d keep a small separate contingency...
  11. D

    Comparing a 3.75% fixed mortgage quote in Oslo after 104 days

    What loan amount and repayment schedule are the lenders using? A purchase price of NOK 10,380,000 does not reveal the actual loan-to-value or monthly payment. I would ask both lenders to rerun their illustrations with the same loan amount, repayment structure, start date and comparison period...
  12. D

    €40,480 left after closing on a €1.219m Lisbon condo—too thin?

    One missing detail: what will your essential monthly outgoings be after purchase, including the mortgage and condo service charges? A cash figure alone cannot show how many months of breathing room you have. Also check when the first mortgage payment and service-charge payment actually fall...
  13. D

    €40,480 left after closing on a €1.219m Lisbon condo—too thin?

    I’d allocate it in that order, not by equal percentages: protect an emergency fund first, reserve the known moving and payment costs, then fund only inspection items that prevent damage or affect daily use. Furniture comes last and can be bought room by room. The key is deciding what part of the...
  14. D

    Offer accepted, and now I'm questioning everything - energy performance

    I wouldn’t dismiss it as ordinary nerves, but I also wouldn’t pull out based on the feeling alone. Put the purchase price aside for an evening and total the first few months: moving costs, first mortgage payment, insurance excess, anything urgent from the inspection, and any service charges if...
  15. D

    Shorten or waive inspection on an older Buenos Aires home?

    A shorter period can be a genuine compromise if the inspector is already lined up, but I disagree that a narrowly worded structural condition automatically makes the offer safe. Older properties can have expensive non-structural findings, and insurance may involve an excess or may not respond to...
Back
Top