Recent content by DirectHarbor

  1. D

    What will this 165 m² Lagos flat actually sell for?

    NGN 705,000,000. I disagree that 94 days automatically points to a large discount, particularly at this asking price where financing may narrow the buyer pool. The floor area is my main positive; the other factor is that no actual price reduction has been mentioned.
  2. D

    When should I arrange an independent inspection for a Lagos new build?

    That caveat is fair, but it suggests asking for inspection prices and scope now rather than skipping it. Find out whether one fee can cover a pre-handover visit and a short return visit, then compare that with your moving costs, service charges if any, furniture plans and first mortgage payment...
  3. D

    How should I structure a NGN 228m renovation budget for an older Lagos multifamily?

    I would avoid setting one contingency figure until the contractor separates known work, provisional allowances and exclusions. Ask what happens if wiring needs more than checks, whether plumbing routes are accessible without removing finishes, how moisture will be investigated, and which...
  4. D

    Lagos new-build flat at 6.1% gross yield — which costs am I missing?

    This would be our first rental, so I want to catch any obvious omission before proceeding. It is a 4-bed new-build flat in Lagos at NGN 1,790,000,000, with expected rent of NGN 9,039,000 per month. That puts the headline gross yield near 6.1%. My model allows for vacancy, management, routine...
  5. D

    Informal Lagos property meetup in March 2026 — timing and interest

    After the comments so far, perhaps the organiser could use a simple two-stage poll: first choose between weekday evening and weekend plus a few possible dates, then ask confirmed attendees about access needs and remote participation. That avoids selecting a venue based on expressions of interest...
  6. D

    Informal Lagos property meetup in March 2026 — timing and interest

    The listening-only idea is a reasonable compromise, provided it does not force a more expensive venue. I’d still prioritise step-free access, seating and manageable noise over streaming. Those details can decide whether someone is actually able to participate, whereas a recap can cover most...
  7. D

    Informal Lagos property meetup in March 2026 — timing and interest

    I’m interested, but I’d rather not add remote access unless there is a clear demand for it. A hybrid setup can make an informal conversation less natural and may affect the venue choice or cost. A short written recap afterwards could be a simpler option for people who cannot attend.
  8. D

    [For sale] 1-bed serviced apartment in Lagos — NGN 1,116,000,000

    I would also resist calculating a price per square metre until the 180 m² is verified. If the figure contains shared or external areas, that calculation could be misleading. Once the area and exact location are clear, comparable local supply becomes much more useful.
  9. D

    [For sale] 1-bed serviced apartment in Lagos — NGN 1,116,000,000

    Agreed on the running costs, although I would not move to documents before resolving the basic description. “Average-to-good condition” is too broad: does it refer to finishes only, or are any repairs needed? A viewing should pay attention to the actual condition of fixtures and confirm which...
  10. D

    [For sale] 1-bed serviced apartment in Lagos — NGN 1,116,000,000

    The 180 m² needs explaining first. Is that the apartment’s internal usable area, or does it include balconies, terraces or some allocation of shared space? With an unusually large area for one bedroom, I would want a measured breakdown rather than relying on “approximately.” The exact part of...
  11. D

    Austin villas around 31 days on market: offer now or wait?

    I’d add condition to the comparison rather than applying one discount across the range. Two villas at the same asking price can have very different economics if one needs substantial work or has unanswered building issues. Final sale price also won’t tell you by itself whether repairs or other...
  12. D

    Austin villas around 31 days on market: offer now or wait?

    Completed prices will help, but they lag what sellers are facing today. I’d also track new-listing volume, withdrawn properties and relistings. A home shown as relatively fresh may have had an earlier unsuccessful run, while a genuine new listing may still have a seller expecting full price...
  13. D

    Lagos coastal homes: is the 35-day figure being distorted by active listings?

    Completed deals would be more useful, but only if you can match the original listing date to the actual agreement date. Current listings create survivorship bias: the quick sales disappear while the stubborn properties remain visible. I’d split the sample into completed, still active and...
  14. D

    Is Idealista worth adding to a Seoul student-housing search?

    I’d treat it as an extra source of leads rather than the main search tool. Before comparing price per square metre, confirm whether the stated area refers to the same kind of space on every listing. Also check that the portal actually has enough current Seoul listings to make alerts worthwhile.
  15. D

    Lagos 2-bed at NGN 1.372bn: does the rent justify the risk?

    The missing detail for me is the phrase “rental regulation.” Which possible change are you worried about: restrictions affecting rent, collection timing, termination, or something else? Each has a different cash-flow effect. Rather than adding a vague regulatory discount, model the specific...
Back
Top