Recent content by DirectThread

  1. D

    Amsterdam studio at €708,400: what should renovation planning actually cover?

    Thanks all. The main gap is now clear: I was treating “renovation planning” as one service when I need to compare separate stages. I’m going back with written questions on the pre-offer deliverable, basis of the estimate, named coordinator, response deadline, exclusions and handover. I’ll also...
  2. D

    Amsterdam studio at €708,400: what should renovation planning actually cover?

    I’m considering a studio in Amsterdam around €708,400 that has reached 106 days, and I need to decide whether a renovation planning service is worth hiring before making an offer. The descriptions are frustratingly inconsistent: some mention negotiation and document coordination, while others...
  3. D

    Cape Town coastal homes: is 63 days a meaningful signal?

    I would not call a shift from 63 days alone. In a narrow, expensive segment, a few unusual properties can move the figure substantially. Separate vacant from occupied homes, then compare initial asking prices with the latest prices. A cluster of early reductions or withdrawals would tell you...
  4. D

    Amsterdam student housing: are active listings distorting my 105-day sample?

    I’d also keep the completed and withdrawn groups separate, as Fatima suggested. Combining them into one “left the market” category would hide the difference between a buyer accepting the property and a seller changing plans. With the definition questions answered, the 105 days can still be...
  5. D

    Amsterdam student housing: are active listings distorting my 105-day sample?

    How are you defining both “Amsterdam” and “student housing”? A small boundary change or a mix of occupied buildings, vacant properties and projects needing work could move the result substantially in a price band with limited comparable stock. Also, is 105 days a median, an average, or simply...
Back
Top