I’d be cautious about concluding that extra listings give buyers much leverage when you already say most are unsuitable. New-listing volume can rise while the supply of comparable, good-condition homes remains thin. Track which properties receive price cuts, how long after listing those cuts...
The responsibility point is the big one. “In progress” can mean nobody is actively moving a task forward. A simple list of each remaining item, the person handling it and the date it is needed would probably remove much of that final-week uncertainty.
How did your lender’s timing fit into the...
I would shorten the window before I waived inspection. First ask whether an inspector can attend before bids close; if not, make the period as brief and clearly scheduled as practical. Have a Dutch notary or other appropriate adviser confirm the exact contract wording and any consequences...
Ask what information is available about planned building work, recent maintenance and possible service-charge changes. Also clarify whether any approved cost could pass to you after closing; that can depend on the local jurisdiction and contract. A tidy unit does not necessarily mean the shared...