Recent content by eva.pike

  1. E

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for a Melbourne duplex

    I’m reviewing the rent on a Melbourne duplex. Comparable asking rents appear to be around A$4,806, while the current tenant pays about A$3,841. They pay reliably, look after the property and have a good maintenance history, so I’m reluctant to chase the full apparent market figure if it creates...
  2. E

    Brisbane student housing: increase rent or retain a reliable tenant?

    I’d start below the asking figure and offer certainty in return for renewal. A reliable tenant has measurable value: compare the extra rent you could collect with even a short vacancy plus cleaning, advertising and repairs. Asking rent alone doesn’t tell you what another tenant will actually pay.
  3. E

    Offering 9% below asking on Sydney student housing — sensible or too aggressive?

    One important question: what does “student housing” mean for this particular property? Is it an ordinary unit currently rented to students, or does the title, building or management arrangement restrict occupation or resale? Also, is it vacant or subject to an existing lease? Those details may...
  4. E

    Offering 9% below asking on Sydney student housing — sensible or too aggressive?

    Keep the rationale short and impersonal: limited completed evidence, condition, and the cost of the required work. Attach whatever financing proof you can provide and offer a settlement timetable that suits the seller, then give the offer a clear response deadline. I wouldn’t waive inspection...
Back
Top