Recent content by ezra.crane

  1. E

    Comparing agent fees and service scope for a Johannesburg warehouse

    Recent comparable sales matter, but ask what the agent personally did on those files rather than accepting a list of nearby properties. Then give all candidates the same short scenario: a buyer submits a conditional offer near a deadline and requests flood-risk information. Ask who responds, who...
  2. E

    Lagos 2-bed at NGN 1.372bn: does the rent justify the risk?

    Helpful points. The NGN 7,250,000 is still an expected figure, so I’ll treat it as unproven until I can establish the tenant’s total occupancy cost and who carries the recurring charges. I’ll also rebuild the return using full acquisition and preparation cost, then separate ordinary vacancy from...
  3. E

    Lagos 2-bed at NGN 1.372bn: does the rent justify the risk?

    I would like the 2-bed Lagos country home to work as a rental, but the margin may be too thin once financing and operating costs are tested properly. The price is NGN 1,372,000,000 and the expected rent is NGN 7,250,000 a month, or NGN 87,000,000 a year. That produces a gross yield near 6.3%...
  4. E

    Rental deal in Lagos: NGN 2,038,000,000 purchase, NGN 10,920,000/month — sanity check? (4 bed)

    I’d push back on choosing a target net yield before modelling the financing. An all-cash purchase and a leveraged one can react very differently to vacancy and rate changes. Run at least three cases: full expected rent, lower rent with normal turnover, and a prolonged vacancy plus a major...
Back
Top