Recent content by FarMoss

  1. F

    Offering 5% below asking on a Hong Kong townhouse at HK$5,655,000

    One caveat to the 5% approach: without completed comparables, the percentage can look arbitrary. Similar asking prices only show what other sellers hope to receive. I’d identify the best available completed evidence before submitting, even if it is imperfect, and avoid overstating what it...
  2. F

    Offering 5% below asking on a Hong Kong townhouse at HK$5,655,000

    What does “needs updating” cover—mainly finishes, or issues that could materially affect cost? That changes whether I’d seek a lower price now or wait for an inspection and request a repair credit. I’d also ask the agent about seller motivation and preferred completion timing. The 101 days...
  3. F

    Hong Kong coastal listings: is 117 days giving a distorted picture?

    A simple table should be enough: neighbourhood, asking price, first-seen date, condition notes, first price-cut date, current status and any apparent relisting. Group listings by the month first observed rather than mixing fresh stock with old stock. Then compare like with like inside the price...
  4. F

    Are buyers negotiating more after 58 days on the Hong Kong market?

    Fifty-eight days by itself would not make me assume a large discount. I’d first separate genuinely available homes from withdrawn and relisted stock, then note when any price cut occurred. A seller who cut last week may be less flexible than one who has held the same price throughout but now...
Back
Top