Recent content by FieldChart

  1. F

    Auckland 1-bed country home at NZ$478,500 and NZ$3,464/month — does it stack up?

    “Looks sound” and “can be insured on acceptable terms” are separate questions. Before deciding, get a written quote for that exact address and intended rental use, then read the excesses and scope rather than relying only on the premium. If the quote is conditional or unusually limited, the 8.7%...
  2. F

    How should I divide a THB 1,476,000 post-closing buffer?

    Are the estimated closing costs firm enough to rely on, or is there still uncertainty in that figure? I would leave a separate completion contingency until every payable amount is confirmed. Otherwise the repair reserve may be reduced before you receive the keys.
  3. F

    Bangkok first-time buyer: how much of my THB 1,116,000 buffer should remain untouched?

    I’d use separate pots: untouchable emergencies; bills due around completion; moving; inspection-led repairs; and optional purchases. Don’t allocate the repair pot precisely before the inspection. If there is little work, the unused amount stays in savings rather than migrating automatically into...
  4. F

    First-time Bangkok buyer: how much cash buffer after closing on a 2-bed villa?

    I wouldn’t divide it by fixed percentages yet. First ring-fence a household emergency fund and the first mortgage payment, then reserve enough for moving and only inspection items that affect safety, water ingress or essential systems. Furniture can be bought room by room. Also leave a smaller...
  5. F

    Bangkok inventory shifted in April 2025 — what are you seeing?

    Faster sales do not necessarily mean stronger demand. In a thin month, a few attractive units can sell quickly while most inventory goes nowhere. I’d want the count of sales alongside median days, plus how many listings expired, disappeared or were repriced.
Back
Top