Recent content by finn.shaw

  1. F

    Munich 5-bed duplex at €1,196,000 and €8,635/month — does it hold up net?

    I would challenge the idea that a simple annual vacancy percentage is conservative enough. A high-rent, multi-bedroom property can have lumpy outcomes: lost rent during a changeover, cleaning or repairs at the same time, and management work concentrated into that period. Model one actual...
  2. F

    Several small maintenance requests in 93 days — group them or investigate further?

    Group genuinely minor, unrelated items if the tenant agrees to a reasonable appointment date, but I wouldn’t postpone anything that might indicate an electrical fault. One proper investigation can be cheaper than repeated call-outs that only treat symptoms. Keep a dated maintenance history so...
  3. F

    Berlin duplex at €1,224,000 and €3,558/month — does the yield justify it?

    The word “expected” remains the largest warning sign. In Berlin, the tenancy status and circumstances of the proposed rent need checking against the applicable rules. I would not value the duplex on a target amount until that amount is shown to be achievable.
Back
Top