A practical way to test the theory would be to follow the same listings rather than compare changing batches: record original price, date and size of each cut, condition, financing constraints, withdrawal or sale, and apparent seller motivation. Then separate the results by neighbourhood. If the...
Also, are these properties vacant, partly occupied, or fully occupied? That missing detail could affect both buyer appetite and how condition is judged. A 73-day listing that sells after one cut is different from one repeatedly relisted or eventually withdrawn. I’d want the neighbourhood...
A 4.9% gross yield is not automatically a rejection, but there isn’t enough room to be casual about the inputs. I wouldn’t set a target net yield in isolation; compare the resulting return with lower-effort alternatives and decide how much extra you require for concentration, illiquidity and...
Seller motivation may explain more than total supply. A realistically priced apartment from a motivated seller can vanish quickly, while another owner may test a high figure and withdraw rather than cut. I’d look closely at when reductions occurred: before removal, after a relisting, or not at...