Recent completed sales should be the anchor, but match them by building and condition where possible. A renovated property and one needing substantial work can sit in the same asking band without being close substitutes. Then use new-listing volume, withdrawals and cuts as leading clues rather...
The danger with a 5-bed home is buying for the finished photograph rather than actual use. Empty rooms cost nothing. I would furnish the rooms you will use daily, live with the layout, and only then decide what the remaining spaces need.
I’ve now added service charges and a less favourable maintenance year to my figures, which raises a more basic question: are the listing details reliable enough to value this at all?
The property is described as a 150 m², one-bedroom new-build flat in Hong Kong at HK$1,482,000. It has good...
Cash timing matters, but I wouldn’t call this manageable until the ownership question is resolved. A budget overrun can be planned for; a structure that is unavailable or unsuitable cannot. Get that answer first, then price the permitted alternatives.