I’d request a sample weekly update with identifying details removed, if they have something suitable to share. Even without one, ask exactly what the update would cover: activity, feedback, pricing discussion, open issues and next actions. That makes “good communication” much less subjective.
Eleven days by itself is a weak negotiating signal. I’d compare the closing price with the last asking price, original asking price and any price cuts. A quick reduction followed by a sale tells a different story from a home that closes below an unchanged price. Also remember that the recorded...
Ask the inspector to distinguish urgent defects from maintenance that can wait six or twelve months. A long report can look alarming even when only a few items affect immediate cost or safety.
Occasional personal use changes the priority for me. The condo-or-co-op question is not just a comparison of purchase and recurring costs, because a building’s ownership or occupancy restrictions could rule out the intended arrangement altogether.
Before paying for extensive legal analysis, I...