Recent content by lena.rose

  1. L

    First-time buyer in Rio: is R$44,800 enough cash after closing?

    Before committing, I need to choose between this Rio property and keeping a safer amount of cash. The home is detached, has four bedrooms and is priced at about R$3,920,000; once the deposit and expected completion expenses are paid, around R$44,800 would remain. That balance would have several...
  2. L

    How much negotiating room does 70 days on market create in Dubai?

    Are you counting one advertisement per unit? Multiple agents can make available stock and listing age look larger than they are. Withdrawn stock matters too: disappearance does not necessarily mean a completed sale, so I wouldn’t treat every vanished listing as evidence of the clearing price.
  3. L

    Comparing mortgage offers on a KES 33,540,000 purchase near Nairobi

    Each lender presents its own illustration as the cheaper option, and I can see why the headline comparison is tempting. My hesitation is that the fees, loan-to-value band and assumptions after the fixed term are not aligned. The purchase price near Nairobi is about KES 33,540,000, with one...
  4. L

    Nairobi villas: is energy performance widening the negotiation gap?

    Price-cut timing could help distinguish weak demand from property-specific objections. A quick reduction may indicate seller motivation; a cut after a long quiet period says something different. I’d record both the number of reductions and the day of the first one.
  5. L

    Which integrations actually reduce inspection admin?

    That is also where audit history matters. A clean handoff should show whether a value came from a listing import, a document or a later manual edit, plus who changed it and when. Otherwise staff may stop re-entering data only to spend the saved time working out which version is trustworthy.
  6. L

    Which integrations actually reduce inspection admin?

    I would be cautious with cross-country price-per-square-metre comparisons. The integration may be technically smooth while the underlying fields mean different things in each local jurisdiction. Floor-area definitions, missing values and currency handling need to be visible rather than buried in...
  7. L

    First post from Nairobi—where should I start with Kenya market data?

    Kenya is the priority, but I’d like the method to travel across markets later. I’m not trying to force everything into one discount percentage. My main difficulty is knowing which numbers are genuinely completed prices and which are asking prices, estimates or repeated figures from listings...
  8. L

    First post from Nairobi—where should I start with Kenya market data?

    I am torn between starting with broad Kenya market data and beginning with the legal and transaction side. The first offers context, but the second may reveal costs and risks that make the headline comparisons less useful. I’m a Nairobi homeowner now looking into country homes, including...
  9. L

    Johannesburg property Q&A: pricing, finance and transaction surprises

    I’d compare the total ongoing commitment rather than treating the asking prices as equivalent. But the missing facts are what the charges cover, whether the units are genuinely comparable, and what evidence supports each price. Financing timing should be disclosed when it could affect the...
  10. L

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for an apartment in Nairobi

    I have checked current asking rents for comparable Nairobi apartments, but I am still unclear whether closing the full gap would be worth the disruption. Similar units appear to be advertised near KES 67,710, compared with about KES 63,490 paid by my existing tenant. The tenancy has been...
  11. L

    Relisting near Nairobi after the buyer’s financing failed

    There is one caveat to asking for “stronger proof of funds”: the request should be proportionate and handled carefully, since buyers may be reluctant to circulate extensive financial information. Ask whoever is managing the transaction what evidence is customary and useful in Nairobi, then apply...
  12. L

    Nairobi: 250 m² mixed-use building or similarly priced student housing?

    Agreed that the ownership structure changes everything. I’d request recent energy bills, insurance terms, maintenance records, tenant schedules and details of any unpaid or planned shared works. Then compare energy per occupied period, not just annual totals, because vacancy can make one...
  13. L

    Nairobi: 250 m² mixed-use building or similarly priced student housing?

    I would not assume the mixed-use building is simpler. Different occupiers can mean different operating hours, energy demands and maintenance expectations. First establish whether utilities are separately metered and which costs sit with the owner, tenants or a shared-building reserve. Those...
  14. L

    Nairobi first home: is KES 4,515,000 enough cash after closing?

    After 101 days, it may help to stop refining one combined estimate and write down the remaining unknowns. Is the KES 178,000,000 price settled? Has the inspection been booked? Is the property on an estate? Those answers could change the decision more than another hypothetical allocation.
  15. L

    Nairobi first home: is KES 4,515,000 enough cash after closing?

    One refinement: keep the repair reserve available even if the seller addresses the obvious inspection items. New ownership often reveals practical needs that were not defects during inspection. That does not mean assuming disaster, only delaying discretionary spending until the house has been...
Back
Top