I’m not convinced vacancy arithmetic should decide everything. If the unit has fallen behind the market and costs have risen, repeatedly discounting for a good tenant can become unsustainable. The relationship can survive a justified increase if it is communicated clearly. Give the tenant the...
Agreed on uncertainty, though I would not assume walking away is the dominant response. In a thin set of comparable properties, a buyer may have few substitutes and negotiate instead. New-listing volume will tell you whether moving on is actually realistic.
Noor’s question is central. An association reserve balance is shared information that buyers can assess alongside expected work. An individual seller’s maintenance allowance is different and may not even be comparable across listings. I’d split those before drawing conclusions about negotiation...
Buyers can do either. If the reserve issue is measurable and the property otherwise works, it becomes a price discussion. If the potential cost is unclear, moving to another listing is often the simpler choice. The distinction between a known shortfall and missing information matters.
I would prioritise the handoff from the listing record into the transaction file. Names, property details, agreed terms and documents are all obvious candidates for duplicate entry. The important part is whether later corrections also sync. A one-time import can look efficient while leaving two...
I wouldn’t put duplicate control at the top of the list. An inaccurate map pin can distort the whole comparison if nearby streets differ in character or access. Until an advertiser confirms the location, treat the pin as approximate and don’t assume two similar listings are the same apartment...
I disagree slightly with presenting the lack of completed comparables as a reason for a lower price. That uncertainty cuts both ways and may sound like you picked a discount first. Base the offer on visible updating and any completed sales you can support, however few. Give a reasonable response...
I’m assessing a 1-bed new-build flat in San Francisco that has been available for 64 days. The purchase price is $1,285,000 and expected rent is $4,556/month, giving a headline gross yield of roughly 4.3%.
The building appears sound, but I’m concerned that building reserves or recurring charges...