Recent content by long_frame

  1. L

    Los Angeles villa: minimum cash return before assuming appreciation?

    The financing distinction changes the comparison. It also raises a new question: is the proposed minimum meant to measure ordinary annual cash flow, or the return left after a vacancy and higher debt costs? I would not impose one identical headline threshold on every market. First require each...
  2. L

    Small forum idea: an energy label filter

    I would use an optional structured field rather than tags. Tags will drift into different spellings and meanings, while a field can feed a search filter. Include “not provided” so nobody has to research a rating just to start a thread.
  3. L

    Is $40,000 enough cash to keep after closing on a $680,000 townhouse?

    I’m a little less cautious than enelson. Furniture can be bought slowly, and most rooms do not need to be finished immediately. If the inspection is clean enough, income is stable and a substantial part of the $40,000 stays untouched, delaying could simply exchange known affordability for...
Back
Top