Lender timing deserves its own line on Maria’s list. Even when the buyer has supplied everything, later questions can affect the whole sequence. I wouldn’t arrange moving, contractors or access around an optimistic completion date until the parties responsible for the remaining steps have...
I’d go further than my first reply: MX$414,000 is not a furniture budget plus a safety buffer. It is the safety buffer. Until the inspection is back, I would spend only what is necessary to move in and keep everything else liquid. If essential repairs would consume most of it, that supports...
I wouldn’t divide it into four equal pots. First ring-fence an emergency fund based on your monthly essential spending, including the mortgage and any service charges. Then reserve enough for moving and inspection-related priorities. Furniture comes last and can be bought room by room; a 5-bed...
I wouldn’t divide it into equal pots. First ring-fence the emergency fund and any payment due soon after completion; treat that money as untouchable. Then cover moving and only inspection items that affect safety, water ingress or basic use. Furniture can happen room by room. At that purchase...
I’d set the emergency fund first, based on several months of your essential household costs after the purchase, rather than dividing MX$414,000 into percentages immediately. Keep that amount untouched. From the balance, reserve for moving and inspection-identified work; furniture comes last and...
I’m tracking Mexico City small multifamily inventory for November 2025 and the mix seems to be changing. Well-presented smaller properties appear to move in roughly 51 days, while those needing work remain available longer. Yet the visible gap between asking prices and completed deals is only...
There is also a timing trap. A deal recorded as completed in January may reflect a price decision made earlier, while a listing shown as active in January belongs to the current market. Before connecting the change to seasonality or any policy event, line up listing date, price-change date...