For each property, ask for the upcoming maintenance plans, recent energy-use figures, current shared charges, outstanding building borrowing, insurance terms and any recent discussion of major repairs. Then separate costs into three columns: predictable monthly costs, probable medium-term work...
For representatives, I would request confirmation that they have authority to discuss the property before you exchange sensitive information. A short summary can omit private ownership papers initially, but the identity of the actual seller should not remain vague once discussions become serious.
How recent is that completed sale, and was it genuinely similar in lot, parking and outdoor space? At this price, a smaller house with better parking or a more useful lot may be the stronger comparable. Also, what do you mean by possible vacancy costs: carrying costs after purchase, damage from...
Work backward rather than splitting the $32,000 evenly. First reserve enough for your chosen number of months of essential expenses. Next list the first mortgage payment, moving costs, insurance deductible and near-term service charges. Create a separate pot for urgent inspection findings, then...
I was surprised by how quickly a broad US comparison became unhelpful when I tried to apply it to a New York condo. The building and immediate location can affect financing, transaction costs and the relationship between the listing figure and the recorded sale.
I am here to learn how people...