Recent content by measureTheCairn

  1. M

    Tokyo’s July 2026 inventory shift: seasonal noise or more selective buyers?

    I wouldn’t call it seasonal or a buyer shift from those two figures alone. The mix may have changed: if July had more dated apartments, the apparent discount could widen even if buyers behaved exactly as before. Split the sample by condition, size, age and neighbourhood before comparing the 6.9%...
  2. M

    Buying in Singapore: which legal and tax costs are easiest to miss?

    I’m building a closing-cost checklist for a coastal home in Singapore priced at about S$1,186,000. I have allowed for transfer tax, legal or notary fees, and registration, but I’m less clear on costs or complications tied to the ownership structure, residency status, and any restrictions on who...
  3. M

    Singapore coastal 3-bed at S$1.776m and S$10,470 rent — does 7.1% gross survive costs?

    Coastal exposure deserves its own maintenance line. Salt and humidity can shorten the life of exterior fittings, metalwork and air-conditioning components even when the building currently looks sound. The responsibility split between owner and management corporation is therefore important.
  4. M

    Singapore property team seeking a transaction coordinator

    Victor, an update covering the unresolved basics would make this much easier to act on: compensation range, workplace arrangement, team and transaction load, reporting line, first-quarter priority, software, and travel. It would also help to say whether replies should be posted here or sent...
  5. M

    Comparing a 3.37% 20-year fixed quote on a S$1.253m purchase

    The fees changed my view of this quote more than the rate itself. The purchase is about S$1,253,000, and the offer is 3.37% fixed over 20 years, but the final pricing also reflects the amount financed and the applicable loan-to-value band. I’m unsure which comparison period is most useful...
  6. M

    Keep the Singapore rental with thin cash flow, or sell before moving?

    I would build a simple hold/sell table over the period you realistically expect to be away. For holding: rent less management, letting costs, vacancy, maintenance reserve, insurance, property tax and financing. Then note the cash needed in a bad year. For selling: use an actual likely net sale...
Back
Top