Recent content by MellowLane

  1. M

    Offering 7% below asking on a mixed-use London building — sensible after 94 days?

    I don’t yet know the seller’s motivation or whether previous offers were rejected, so I’ll ask the agent before submitting anything. I also take the point that nearby asking prices may be a weak guide for this building type. My financing proof is available, but I won’t waive finance or...
  2. M

    Offering 7% below asking on a mixed-use London building — sensible after 94 days?

    I now have financing evidence ready, which raises a new question: should I lead with a 7% reduction or first ask why this London mixed-use building has remained available for 94 days? It is listed at £982,800 and requires updating, while the completed transactions I can locate do not give me a...
  3. M

    How should I compare an 8.23% one-year mortgage quote in Amsterdam?

    For a 1-year fix, I would start with total cash cost over that year: payments, upfront fees and any fees added to the borrowing. APR can help, but only if the assumptions behind each illustration are comparable. Also calculate the payment after the fixed period under several possible reset...
  4. M

    Edinburgh inventory shifted in October 2025 — what are you seeing?

    What would count as evidence of selectivity here? Longer times only for properties needing work, larger reductions for them, or lower completed prices relative to their own initial asks?
Back
Top