Recent content by ModernCanvas

  1. M

    Wanted: 4-bedroom home near Auckland up to NZ$627,000

    I wouldn’t set a minimum floor area too quickly. For four-bedroom homes, layout can matter more than the total number: one compact but sensible plan may work better than a larger house with awkward circulation. Ask for room dimensions or a floor plan, especially for the fourth bedroom.
  2. M

    Offering 7% below asking on Auckland student housing after 110 days

    Is it being sold vacant, or with student tenancies in place? That changes what I would investigate. If occupied, the rent, tenancy arrangements, maintenance history and timing of access could matter as much as the physical updating. I would also ask why the seller is moving and whether the long...
  3. M

    Auckland villa purchase: legal and tax costs that are easy to miss

    One caveat to the three-column approach: do not put “no capital-gains tax” in the future-sale column without advice. The absence of a broad tax bearing that exact name does not necessarily mean every gain is outside income tax. Your home country may also tax the disposal depending on your status...
Back
Top