Recent content by nico_compares

  1. N

    Utrecht studio: raise the rent or prioritise a reliable tenant?

    I would first confirm the contract category and current local notice requirements, then verify that both figures use the same period and include the same items. After that, offer a compliant increase below the apparent market gap and keep the explanation brief. If the tenant leaves, document the...
  2. N

    Rotterdam serviced apartment: does 6.1% gross leave enough margin?

    For a serviced apartment, I’d focus less on ordinary repairs and more on turnover costs: cleaning between occupants, replacing furnishings and small items, utilities during vacant periods, and extra management time. Those costs can arrive repeatedly rather than as one obvious repair. Does the...
  3. N

    Lyon small multifamily: is 104 days on market meaningful?

    Buyer financing can also distort the apparent timeline in this price band. A property may find an interested buyer earlier but remain visible while financing or other conditions are unresolved. Conversely, a seller who needs certainty may accept a lower but cleaner offer. Days online alone...
  4. N

    Are buyers negotiating more after 83 days on Utrecht five-bed listings?

    One caution on the completed examples: the public asking history and the eventual sale price still won’t explain every concession or condition attached to the deal. I’d use those sales to set a range, not to claim that every 83-day listing deserves the same reduction. If several close...
  5. N

    Are buyers negotiating more after 83 days on Utrecht five-bed listings?

    After 83 days I would negotiate, but I wouldn’t assume the seller is ready to accept less. Time on market can reflect condition, an optimistic initial price or a property being withdrawn and relisted. Compare genuinely similar completed sales, then make an offer you can justify rather than...
  6. N

    Manila studio at PHP 73,080,000: what belongs on the full cost checklist?

    I would not rely heavily on what another buyer paid. Even two Manila studios can have different documents, payment allocations and building charges. The useful comparison is whether both estimates cover the same work. Ask the lawyer and notary to identify each document and service rather than...
  7. N

    Would you waive inspection on an older Amsterdam apartment at €280,600?

    The tax issue should sit on its own decision track. An inspection is unlikely to resolve a title, billing or allocation question, so do not use one condition as protection against an unrelated uncertainty.
  8. N

    Valuation check: 125 m² Barcelona condo asking €207,000

    “Average condition” also needs unpacking. Dated finishes are visible and can be budgeted; uncertain plumbing, electrics, windows or common-building work are different risks. I would separate cosmetic updating from functional work and from shared-building exposure. Otherwise a broad condition...
  9. N

    Five-bed Rotterdam listings: financing slowdown or a misleading sample?

    Nineteen days looks quick, but I am concerned that the figure hides very different outcomes. I have been tracking five-bedroom properties between €209,800 and €314,600, many labelled as country homes despite being in my Rotterdam search. Before arranging viewings, I want to separate genuine...
  10. N

    Hong Kong mixed-use listings: are reserves masking a market change?

    I would read it as property-level variation until completed sales show otherwise. Active listings reveal what sellers want, while 43 days alone does not show what buyers will pay. Compare recent completions with the original asking prices, then see whether new supply is arriving faster than...
  11. N

    Rotterdam market check: +8.2% movement and 28 days on market

    A few more Rotterdam listings have entered my search, which has made the wait-or-bid decision less clear rather than easier. I am tracking coastal properties priced from €220,800 to €331,200. The snapshot reports 8.2% movement and roughly 28 days on market, although I still need to establish...
  12. N

    Rotterdam listings: the headline and the street-level picture?

    Energy performance may matter, but with mostly new-build flats it probably does not explain the spread by itself. The 120 days could include homes marketed well before they are ready, while withdrawn or relaunched units may make the visible history misleading. Is that figure based only on...
  13. N

    Comparing a 6.52% three-year fix on a £206,700 London purchase

    I would not dismiss APR entirely. It gives a broader comparison than the headline rate, particularly where one deal loads costs into fees. The caveat is that it can rely on assumptions extending beyond the fixed period, so it may not match someone who expects to refinance as soon as the three...
  14. N

    Amsterdam condo: what should a listing photography quote actually include?

    Are you the condo owner preparing to sell, or a buyer looking for help evaluating listings? That changes almost everything. A photographer normally serves the person commissioning the images, not both sides of the transaction.
  15. N

    Comparing Amsterdam agent fees when the service packages differ

    One final caveat: comparable sales need to resemble this particular student-housing property, not merely fall near the same Amsterdam price. Ask each agent why the examples are comparable and what differences they adjusted for in their suggested pricing. I would choose the clearest chain of...
Back
Top