Recent content by plantsAndGrain

  1. P

    Dubai retail sale: comparing agent fees with very different service scopes

    I need to choose between agent proposals for a Dubai retail unit expected to sell for about AED 752,400. One saves money but leaves more of the transaction work unclear; another costs more and promises a wider service. Rather than compare percentages alone, I want each agent to confirm the...
  2. P

    Valuation check: 35 m² country home in Warsaw, asking PLN 1,007,000 — second opinion?

    The eleven-month rent assumption is sensible as a vacancy allowance, but it does not solve the reserve issue. I’d model at least two cases: ordinary recurring costs, and a higher-cost case including the dated finishes plus the possible building contribution. Keep service charges separate so you...
  3. P

    Utrecht small multifamily listings: April shift or buyer selectivity?

    I’m not convinced condition alone explains the split. For small multifamily property, policy timing or expectations of a policy change may affect buyers differently from ordinary owner-occupied homes. Before attributing the longer marketing period to renovation work, note whether listings...
  4. P

    Utrecht small multifamily listings: April shift or buyer selectivity?

    Selectivity is plausible, but the sample size and meaning of the 4.3% matter. Is that completed price below the original asking price, below the final asking price, or a difference between two broader datasets? Also, does “55 days” end at an accepted offer or completion? Those definitions could...
  5. P

    Warsaw detached homes: market shift or a condition-driven split?

    Price-cut timing is especially useful. A reduction after ten days may reflect an ambitious seller correcting quickly; one after several months says something else. I would also distinguish a meaningful cut from a cosmetic change intended to refresh attention.
  6. P

    Warsaw detached homes: market shift or a condition-driven split?

    I partly disagree that this is merely random property variation. If buyers consistently pay for finished homes but reject renovation projects until a cut, that is a real market pattern. It may not mean Warsaw is turning, but it could mean buyers are becoming less willing or able to absorb...
  7. P

    45 m² mixed-use unit or townhouse in Seoul: what am I missing?

    Build three cash-flow versions rather than one: an ordinary year, a vacancy year and a major-repair year. Include management fees, landlord insurance, energy costs you may bear between tenants, letting or management work, and a contingency for repairs. For the townhouse, put possible exterior...
  8. P

    How much of PLN 169,800 should I keep untouched after closing?

    One caveat: don’t automatically treat every inspection finding as something your post-closing cash must absorb. A significant finding may affect the price or whether you proceed at all. Once the report arrives, separate urgent work from maintenance that can wait. I agree on delaying furniture...
  9. P

    $970k Austin 1-bed renting for $2,919: does this deal work?

    Run three cases rather than one precise forecast: fully occupied with ordinary expenses; a turnover year with vacancy and make-ready work; and a bad year with an association assessment or major repair. Then repeat all three with the actual financing terms. The useful figure is annual cash left...
Back
Top