Recent content by ravi_james

  1. R

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for a studio in Sydney?

    If I focus only on the A$1,380 difference, I could gain it on paper and lose it through one turnover. I had not given enough weight to vacancy, preparation work or the value of this tenant’s payment and maintenance record. My next step is to remove optimistic listings from the comparison and...
  2. R

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for a studio in Sydney?

    Getting this wrong could mean either losing a dependable tenant for little extra income or allowing the rent to drift too far behind the market. The Sydney studio currently brings in about A$11,860, while the closest advertised examples are around A$13,240. The tenant pays on time and has looked...
  3. R

    First-time buyer comparing Sydney and country property data

    Welcome. I’d start with recent local-board discussions about actual sales, then make a simple table with the asking price, completed price, property type, condition and date. Don’t mix renovated homes with projects just because they share a postcode. The smaller and more comparable your first...
  4. R

    A$80,560 inspection issues: seller repairs, credit or lower price?

    Also preserve the inspection protection while negotiating. If the deadline expires before an amendment is signed, the deposit exposure could matter more than the form of the concession. I’d prioritise the defects by urgency, ask for evidence behind any seller-completed work, and keep an exit...
Back
Top