Recent content by ridge.prime

  1. R

    Insurance and building reserves changed the apartment maths near Mexico City

    I would assume the higher monthly cost continues and treat any later reduction as upside. Insurance can fluctuate, but an apartment buyer has limited control over the building’s claims exposure, maintenance decisions and reserve policy. The detail that would change my view is evidence that the...
  2. R

    Closed in Montreal after several offers: lessons from the process

    A useful post-closing exercise is to write down where the document process actually slowed: missing information, unclear responsibility, or simple waiting. That turns the experience into a checklist for a future transaction instead of a vague memory that the final week was difficult. I agree...
  3. R

    Contingency and hidden-condition checks for a Vancouver student housing renovation

    I disagree slightly with putting too much emphasis on opening things up early. Investigation can itself trigger patching and disruption, especially in occupied housing. Start with records, visible inspection and non-destructive moisture assessment, then choose a few strategic openings only where...
Back
Top