Recent content by rowan.zane

  1. R

    Santiago: 180 m² warehouse or small multifamily?

    Getting the demand assumption wrong would hurt more than a slightly inaccurate maintenance estimate, because vacancy and a difficult resale are not quickly corrected. The warehouse puts all the income risk into one tenant and may appeal to a narrower group of future buyers. The multifamily...
  2. R

    [For sale] 4-bed condo in Santiago — CLP 629,800,000

    Agreed that the measurement needs proof, but I wouldn’t automatically assume the four-bedroom description is wrong. It could be a heavily subdivided layout. A viewing would show whether all four rooms are genuinely usable as bedrooms. I’d ask for a floor plan first, then focus the appointment on...
  3. R

    Is 28 days reasonable for a Seoul serviced-apartment valuation?

    What happens at the end of those 28 days—an offer deadline, financing decision, or closing? That changes whether the timing is workable. Also ask how the serviced apartment is formally classified and whether the valuation depends on any assumptions about permitted use or operation. Marketing...
  4. R

    Is Funda useful for a Seoul condo search?

    Send one compact message: Is it still available? What exactly does the floor-area figure represent? Is the displayed price current? Where is the condo located, and what is the next step to view or discuss it? Comparable replies will tell you more than response speed alone.
  5. R

    Raise the rent or retain a reliable studio tenant in Santiago?

    I favour a smaller negotiated increase, but the uncertain market figure and the lease process need resolving first. The earlier points about maintenance and deposit handling help turn this into more than a simple comparison between CLP 2,190,000 and CLP 2,434,000. I would narrow the...
  6. R

    Raise the rent or retain a reliable studio tenant in Santiago?

    Maintenance history belongs in the calculation too. A tenant who reports issues promptly and has kept the studio in good condition reduces both risk and eventual refurbishment. Check whether any repairs are pending before proposing an increase, but don’t present necessary maintenance as...
  7. R

    Raise the rent or retain a reliable studio tenant in Santiago?

    That said, I wouldn’t treat retention as a reason never to increase. If the comparisons are strong and your costs have moved, a partial increase may be reasonable. The important part is giving the tenant certainty rather than repeatedly revisiting the number. A smaller adjustment paired with a...
  8. R

    Raise the rent or retain a reliable studio tenant in Santiago?

    I’d go further: keeping the rent unchanged can be commercially rational, not merely generous. The difference is CLP 244,000 per month. One vacant month at CLP 2,434,000 would consume almost ten months of that extra amount, before advertising, cleaning, repairs or screening a replacement.
  9. R

    What actually makes a property-tech handoff complete?

    The most useful integration is usually the unglamorous one: a listing import that creates one record, carries its identifiers into the other tools and writes later changes back. If staff still retype names, viewing notes or status updates, the handoff is incomplete. I would run one sample...
  10. R

    Cap the appraisal gap or reduce a CLP 197.4m offer in Santiago?

    This helps. CLP 7,050,000 is my absolute ceiling, not an amount I’m comfortable spending automatically. I’m going to treat it as a maximum tied to the completed valuation, keep inspection separate, and ask directly about occupancy, seller priorities and deposit treatment. If those answers remain...
  11. R

    Cap the appraisal gap or reduce a CLP 197.4m offer in Santiago?

    I’d like to make a competitive bid without accepting more cash exposure than I can carry. The price being sought is close to CLP 197,400,000, while the strongest completed comparables I have found around Santiago appear lower and there may be competing bids. My possible approaches are a lower...
  12. R

    Would you ever waive inspection on an older Santiago home?

    We need to decide on our next offer quickly. Two Santiago bids have already failed because other buyers imposed fewer conditions, yet removing the inspection safeguard on a CLP 780,200,000 flat seems like too much risk. The place presents well, but its age, possible financing costs and anything...
Back
Top