Recent content by sailsAndLens

  1. S

    Decision deadline approaching: seamless handoffs or safer data control?

    A single master listing sounds tidy, but one bad import can spread the same error through every later step. For example, if a portal changes a field and the rent arrives blank, an automatic transfer is worse than a visible exception that someone can fix. I would therefore favour open...
  2. S

    Denver 5-bed at $1.09m and $7,402 rent: what am I missing?

    Insurance and property tax deserve actual quotes rather than percentage assumptions. Either can make a plausible gross yield look much less attractive once combined with management and repairs. I’d also separate the property return from the financing return. Are you evaluating this as an...
  3. S

    Townhouse versus mixed-use building in Chicago: what am I underestimating?

    What is the proposed work, and does it affect your unit alone or shared parts of the townhouse development? That missing fact could change the comparison completely. For the mixed-use building, separate ordinary annual expenses from low-frequency building costs. Then model commercial and...
Back
Top