I’m not convinced lease length is the main issue. A long lease may reduce turnover, but only if its terms and rent are sound. Before choosing a target net yield, confirm the duplex’s rental status under the rules applicable in Vienna and whether the proposed rent can actually be maintained.
The useful takeaway here is that cash after closing needs categories, not just one leftover balance: known moving costs, unexpected fees, near-term repairs, and a reserve for inspection items that worsen. I would also write down the final-week sequence while it is fresh. That turns the delay...
My immediate problem is deciding how to organise the reading without disappearing into dozens of unrelated Paris threads. I’m an architect, and my interest currently spans new-build flats, renovation, purchase costs and the difference between listing figures and recorded sales.
I would also...
What exactly does 3.63% cover: the whole mortgage term or only an initial period? Also, what loan-to-value and arrangement fees apply? Without those details, the rate alone is a weak comparison. I’d compare total cash paid over the initial deal period, including fees, rather than treating a...