Recent content by sketchesAndPlan

  1. S

    Consistent tenant screening for a 5-bed new-build flat in Rome

    I agree with Maria on consistent treatment, but lowering the rent is not itself a screening tool; it may simply increase the number of applications. First clarify the letting structure I asked about, estimate the cost of vacancy and turnover, and decide how much income variability you can...
  2. S

    Consistent tenant screening for a 5-bed new-build flat in Rome

    One missing fact changes the whole discussion: are you letting the entire 5-bed flat under one arrangement, or screening separate occupants for rooms? Group stability, responsibility for payments, deposit handling and turnover risk look very different in those two cases. The intended tenancy...
  3. S

    Renovation budget for a 175 m² retail unit in Berlin (3 bed)

    I wouldn’t choose a contingency percentage before doing targeted opening-up. A high reserve does not solve an undefined scope. Inspect wet areas, service routes and any suspicious staining; confirm where plumbing can actually be accessed; and have the contractor price reinstatement after those...
Back
Top