Recent content by sketchesAndRoof

  1. S

    Offering 8% below asking on a San Francisco duplex — sensible or too aggressive?

    I disagree slightly on keeping the rationale too spare. At $906,200, the seller may dismiss it unless the offer distinguishes dated finishes from genuine unknowns. Attach the strongest completed comparables you can verify and explain the adjustments briefly. Asking prices do not establish value...
  2. S

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for a Singapore studio

    When does the current tenancy end, and what does the tenancy agreement say about renewal and notice? Those facts matter before choosing a number. I’d also check whether the S$7,133 listings match the same building, condition, furnishings and inclusions. If utilities or services differ, the...
  3. S

    San Francisco duplex at $825,000 and $4,079 rent — does the yield survive expenses?

    Is the $4,079 expected rent for the whole duplex or for the 1-bed portion, and is either part currently occupied? That changes almost everything. I’d also want to know who pays utilities and whether the management estimate includes leasing and turnover work rather than only monthly collection.
Back
Top