Recent content by sketchTheBench

  1. S

    Mortgage quote in the UK: 4.00% fixed for five years—what should I compare?

    I’ve received a 4.00% mortgage quote with a five-year fixed period for a property purchase of around £507,000 in London. The headline rate initially looked competitive, but the arrangement fees and loan-to-value tier make the comparison less straightforward. For recent UK borrowers, which...
  2. S

    Manchester duplexes at 88 days: are active listings distorting the picture?

    Fair challenge. My sample crosses more than one neighbourhood, and I’ve been using the first visible listing date. I haven’t separated withdrawn and relisted stock consistently, which could be stretching the 88-day figure. I’ll split the areas and stop treating financing as the default explanation.
  3. S

    Manchester duplexes at 88 days: are active listings distorting the picture?

    I’m looking at Manchester duplexes priced from £605,300 to £907,900. The active listings in my sample have taken roughly 88 days to find a buyer, with the longer cases appearing linked to financing costs. Before I draw conclusions, should I rely more heavily on recent completed sales, or does...
Back
Top