Recent content by studyTheRoom

  1. S

    Does a nine-day sale window still leave room to negotiate in Bengaluru?

    New-listing volume matters too. If only a few comparable properties arrived during that period, buyers may have moved quickly despite negotiating. If many arrived and just one sold, the headline number says little. I would track new, reduced, withdrawn and completed properties within the same...
  2. S

    Closed on a Bengaluru studio after several rejected offers

    And keep the rejected offers in the same record, including non-price terms and the seller’s response if one was given. Over time that shows whether you were consistently below expectations, asking for difficult timing, or simply meeting sellers who preferred another offer. That is actionable...
  3. S

    First-time buyer in Bengaluru: is ₹1,336,000 enough cash after closing?

    Make a simple closing-day budget with four separate pots: protected emergency cash, fixed move-in costs, urgent inspection work and optional purchases. Put the first mortgage payment, confirmed service charges and the applicable insurance excess into the protected or fixed side rather than...
  4. S

    Bengaluru multifamily: raise ₹290,000 rent or retain a reliable tenant?

    That distinction between asking and achieved rent is helpful. I can compare similar units more carefully rather than relying on listings alone. How would you put a value on retention—just expected vacancy and refurbishment, or would you also discount for the uncertainty of a new tenant? I’m...
  5. S

    Bengaluru multifamily: raise ₹290,000 rent or retain a reliable tenant?

    Before the next rent decision, I need to choose between a meaningful increase and the less visible value of keeping a dependable tenant. The Bengaluru property currently brings in about ₹290,000, while comparable listings suggest roughly ₹336,300. I am wary of treating that full difference as...
  6. S

    Closed on a Bengaluru studio after several rejected offers

    One practical next step is to keep the transaction task list after completion and annotate where each delay occurred. It becomes a much better template for a future purchase than a generic checklist because it captures dependencies: which document held up another action, when lender timing...
  7. S

    Buy with a large reserve or walk away? Neither feels comfortable

    Make the offer conditional on satisfactory building records, then compare three cases: no near-term work, your share of the current estimate, and a materially higher cost after the scope is clarified. Add the carrying risk if completion is delayed or the apartment sits vacant; for 190 m², energy...
  8. S

    Bengaluru valuation check: 115 m² detached home at ₹50,100,000

    For floor area, I would avoid assuming a perfectly linear adjustment. Extra space may have different value depending on whether it creates useful rooms or simply larger circulation areas. A practical approach is to compare implied per-m² figures, then moderate the adjustment after looking at...
  9. S

    Bengaluru valuation check: 115 m² detached home at ₹50,100,000

    That is fair, but scenario percentages still help expose how sensitive the conclusion is. I’d calculate the completed comparable on a consistent area basis, then run separate adjustments for condition and obvious property differences. Combining everything into one discount makes it impossible to...
  10. S

    Bengaluru valuation check: 115 m² detached home at ₹50,100,000

    Before adjusting anything, what does the 115 m² represent—carpet area, built-up area, or another measurement? The comparisons need to use the same basis. Five bedrooms within 115 m² also raises a layout question: usable room sizes and circulation could affect buyer appeal even if the headline...
  11. S

    Structuring an 8%-below-asking offer after 97 days

    Agreed with Bianca. I would make the initial price subject to inspection but not attach a speculative repair allowance. If inspection later identifies material work, you can request a credit with a clear basis. Cosmetic updating should already be reflected in the opening number. Also...
  12. S

    Structuring an 8%-below-asking offer after 97 days

    After 97 days, 8% below asking is firm but not inherently insulting. Keep the explanation short: the offer reflects the updating required and uncertainty around completed comparables, while your financing proof and timing flexibility provide certainty. Don’t write a critique of every defect...
  13. S

    How should I split my remaining cash after buying in Bengaluru?

    I can see two reasonable approaches: reserve every rupee until the property has been inspected, or assign firm spending caps before making the purchase. I am unsure which is safer for a 1-bed detached home in Bengaluru costing about ₹68,470,000. My estimated balance after the deposit and...
  14. S

    Bengaluru coastal-home listings: does the 1.7% movement hide wider differences?

    I wouldn’t attribute the spread mainly to transaction fees without separating completed sales from asking prices. At 86 days, withdrawn listings and the timing of price cuts could distort the picture, while condition may affect both financing and negotiation. Also, what exactly does “coastal...
  15. S

    Buyer’s financing failed after several weeks—relist now or strengthen the file?

    I would take a short pause to refresh the paperwork and prepare a simple, factual explanation for why the deal ended, then relist. A lower offer is not automatically safer: the financing evidence, contingency wording and response deadline matter more than the discount alone. What proof did the...
Back
Top