Recent content by TaliaCole

  1. T

    Cairo 3-bed listings: quick sales versus stale stock

    One gap in my notes is completed-sale evidence. I’m looking at advertised stock, so “29 days visible” could include withdrawn or relisted homes rather than a clean marketing period. I also need to tighten the neighbourhood boundaries before treating the price range as one market.
  2. T

    Cairo 3-bed listings: quick sales versus stale stock

    I’m sense-checking a Cairo sample of mostly 3-bed country homes priced from EGP 30,140,000 to EGP 45,220,000. The typical listing has been visible for 29 days, yet there seems to be a split between homes that move quickly and stock that lingers. My working theory is very localised supply, but...
  3. T

    Cairo 175 m² serviced apartment at EGP 54.24m — how should I adjust the comparables?

    I would be reluctant to let one completed sale anchor the whole exercise, especially if it differs in building, floor, outlook or condition. The asking comparables still show the seller competition, even though they do not prove achieved value. Because this is intended as a rental, the missing...
  4. T

    Cairo studios: are service charges explaining the price spread?

    Also distinguish the recurring service charge from any unpaid amount attached to a particular property. Buyers may react differently to an ongoing cost and a seller-specific liability. Without that distinction, a condition discount could easily be mislabelled as a service-charge discount.
  5. T

    Cairo mortgage quote: comparing 6.37% fixed for two years

    I would not make APR the main figure unless every lender calculates and presents it on a genuinely comparable basis. A simple two-year cash comparison is easier to audit yourself. That said, it should include the cost of leaving at the end of the fix, because a refinance assumption is only...
  6. T

    Cairo inventory shifted in April 2025 — seasonal change or greater buyer selectivity?

    I would be even more cautious about combining serviced apartments with homes needing renovation. They appeal to different buyers, and condition affects both marketing time and the amount negotiated. If more ready-to-use units completed in April, the citywide numbers could change without either...
Back
Top