Recent content by theo.reed

  1. T

    Would you accept a ₩241,500 monthly shortfall on this Seoul apartment?

    That’s fair, but it still needs a stopping rule. Calculate the result after a vacancy period, turnover costs and a financing change, then decide the largest monthly loss you will tolerate. Also compare the required cash and risk with a genuinely cash-flow-positive alternative. If this apartment...
  2. T

    Would you accept a ₩241,500 monthly shortfall on this Seoul apartment?

    I’d pass unless the shortfall remains small under a harsher scenario. ₩241,500 is manageable, but one vacancy, tenant turnover, or a larger maintenance bill can make the annual gap look very different. I’d rerun it with no rent growth and higher financing costs. If you would still be content...
  3. T

    Seoul listings: the headline and the street-level picture / what am I missing

    I wouldn’t put reserves at the top of the explanation yet. Seller motivation and buyer financing could create the same pattern: realistically priced stock moves, while owners with no urgency wait. Condition matters, but only after confirming that the “quick” and “stale” groups are genuinely...
  4. T

    Seoul small multifamily: is 32 days real, or a live-listing illusion?

    Add first observed date and price-cut dates. Without those, the seller-behaviour part disappears.
  5. T

    Seoul small multifamily: is 32 days real, or a live-listing illusion?

    But that still needs testing against neighbourhood and condition. Otherwise “lease compatibility” becomes the explanation for anything that sits online.
  6. T

    Seoul small multifamily: is 32 days real, or a live-listing illusion?

    I wouldn’t put lease length first until condition is separated. A vacant or soon-available building needing substantial work can still linger because the buyer faces two problems instead of one.
  7. T

    Berlin listings: headline numbers versus the street-level picture

    The neighbourhood issue may overwhelm everything else. A country home near one boundary can have a completely different buyer pool from a superficially similar property elsewhere in Berlin. I’d map the listings first, then draw comparison groups based on actual proximity rather than the location...
  8. T

    50 m² townhouse or similarly priced Seoul studio: which ownership costs are easy to miss?

    Getting the building statement should clarify one point, but it raises another: which obligations can you actually control? I would model both options over five years, including insurance, energy use, vacancy, selling costs and the time or money needed for management. Keep routine spending...
  9. T

    Are energy ratings starting to separate London listings in this price band?

    Another missing piece is listing age by status. Split the group into completed sales, still available, reduced, and withdrawn, then note the original asking price as well as the current one. A single 48-day figure can hide fresh stock alongside homes that have been repeatedly adjusted. That...
  10. T

    Comparing agent fees and service scope for a Seoul apartment sale

    I would not put too much weight on a rigid response-time promise. A fast acknowledgement is easy and says little about the quality of advice. Photography can also matter more than a checklist suggests if the cheaper package produces weak presentation. The better comparison is who is accountable...
  11. T

    Closing-cost checklist for a ₩1,552,000,000 Seoul retail unit

    I’d be careful about treating the cheaper closing projection as the answer. A structure that looks attractive on purchase may be less suitable during ownership, on sale, or if the property passes through an estate. Ask for the same comparison at four points: acquisition, annual holding...
  12. T

    Seoul villa completed after several rejected offers

    I partly disagree that preserving cash is the main lesson. A repair reserve helps, but available money cannot fix a missed dependency between lending, completion and moving. Before committing to a move date, confirm which inspection findings must be handled, when the lender needs final...
  13. T

    Checked recent Seoul studio sales; 15-day listings and withdrawals remain unclear

    I may be too close to this to judge clearly. Two agents have valued my Seoul studio quite differently. The higher proposal is tempting, but I’ve noticed similar listings start ambitiously, sit for roughly 15 days, then cut. Does the higher opening price protect the eventual result, or waste the...
  14. T

    Offering 3% below asking on a Seoul apartment

    Before deciding on contingencies, do you know why the earlier deal collapsed? If it was financing or an appraisal gap, proof of funds and lender readiness may matter more than an extra few million won. If an inspection issue caused it, that changes the picture entirely. I would ask that question...
  15. T

    Seoul villas: are financing costs translating into lower offers?

    That withdrawal point matters, but seller motivation may explain more than financing. A fresh listing from a patient seller can reject the same offer that a 67-day listing with an upcoming move might accept. I’d separate initial pricing, first reduction date and eventual outcome.
Back
Top