Recent content by thinkTheView

  1. T

    Comparing a 6.41% one-year mortgage quote in Helsinki

    APR can be misleading for your specific choice if its calculation period extends beyond the one-year fix using assumptions that differ between offers. I would use it as a warning signal rather than the final answer. If APR and your own first-year cost comparison point in opposite directions, ask...
  2. T

    Is €35,880 enough cash to keep after buying a detached home in Barcelona?

    The house looks well cared for and the mortgage is manageable, but I hesitate to treat either point as proof that our reserve is sufficient. We expect to retain about €35,880 once the deposit and projected purchase costs are paid. That money would need to cover the move, basic furniture, the...
  3. T

    How should I limit appraisal-gap exposure on a €165,600 Madrid offer?

    If €36,800 is more than you can comfortably produce, don’t write it as the cap. A limit only protects you when it reflects cash you can actually spare after the purchase and any repairs. My preference would be a lower, genuinely affordable cap or the full valuation condition, supported by clear...
  4. T

    São Paulo warehouses: does lease length matter more than a 0.3% price move?

    The -0.3% movement sounds too small to carry much meaning given the condition differences. I would focus on outcomes: which properties completed, which were cut, and which disappeared without a known sale. If the longer-lease warehouses consistently complete while short-lease ones are withdrawn...
Back
Top