Recent content by vale.handy

  1. V

    How much negotiating weight does 87 days carry for a Bangkok duplex?

    I’m less convinced that 87 days gives the buyer much leverage in this price range. A seller who is not under pressure may simply be prepared to wait. The stronger signal would be a reduction followed by continued inactivity, or the same property disappearing and returning with a refreshed...
  2. V

    Sydney villa: is a A$646 monthly shortfall defensible?

    I’m looking at a 3-bed villa in Sydney where the location and long-term demand are attractive. Using conservative rent of A$6,016, my model still shows about A$646 per month negative after reserves. I can carry that comfortably, but it seems the purchase only works if rent or the property’s...
  3. V

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for an apartment in Rotterdam

    How close are those asking properties in size, condition, furnishing and contract terms? Asking rent is not necessarily achieved rent, and a few unusually polished apartments can skew the comparison. I’d also look at this tenant’s maintenance history: have small issues been reported promptly, or...
Back
Top