Good point from jin. I’d put both offers into the same spreadsheet with identical loan amount, start date and repayment term, then compare them after 3, 5, 10 and 20 years. Record fees, cumulative payments and the outstanding balance at each point. Separately stress-test the monthly payment...
The high-fee quote buys better overpayment flexibility, while the cheaper entry cost may leave less room to change course; neither choice is comfortable on the headline figures alone. I would not let APR settle it because the included charges and assumed comparison period may not match the...
One important number is missing: the actual loan amount and repayment term. A €276,000 purchase price does not tell us the loan size, and both the payment and interest depend on that. Also establish whether each fee is paid upfront or added to the loan, because financing a fee changes the...
For a two-year fix, I would compare every offer at month 24: mandatory upfront fees, payments made, and the loan balance still outstanding. APR is useful as a broad comparison, but it may not reflect your likely two-year decision point particularly well. Keep the monthly payment as a separate...
For April 2025, I narrowed my Athens search to mixed-use buildings rather than relying on a citywide figure. Asking prices run from €323,800 to €485,800, with €404,800 as the central figure I’m tracking, and the current marketing period is roughly 68 days. Vacancy appears to influence pricing...
I partly disagree with abandoning adjustments altogether—the completed sale can still anchor a provisional range—but each adjustment should have evidence behind it. Reconcile its sale date, micro-location, measured living area, outdoor space, parking and condition against the subject. For dated...