Recent content by walksAndKey

  1. W

    What will this 165 m² Lagos flat actually sell for?

    NGN 650,000,000. My two drivers are the 94 days without a sale and the average condition, which weakens the case for paying the full new-build asking price. That is roughly where I’d expect a serious negotiation to land.
  2. W

    Tokyo listing photography quotes: what should actually be included?

    One missing fact: are you the owner commissioning marketing, or a buyer paying for a search or introduction service? The expected work and the cash risk are quite different. I’d also ask for the promised response times in writing. “Prompt support” is meaningless; you need to know what happens...
  3. W

    Tokyo listing photography quotes: what should actually be included?

    First separate photography from brokerage or transaction support. A photography quote should specify the rooms and common areas covered, editing, delivery format, turnaround, usage rights, revisions and extra charges. Negotiation and closing coordination belong in a separate written scope, even...
  4. W

    What should a genuinely useful valuation service include in Japan?

    The offer-to-closing handoff deserves one final question: does the valuation provider remain available to explain its conclusion if later documents contradict an assumption? That does not mean unlimited free work. The original quote should state the follow-up period and the price or process for...
  5. W

    Tokyo’s July 2026 inventory shift: seasonal noise or more selective buyers?

    One complication with that sheet: a vanished listing is not necessarily a completed sale. It might have been withdrawn, transferred to another agent or relisted. Unless the completed record can be matched confidently, mark it unknown. Otherwise the apparent transaction volume and time on market...
  6. W

    Contingency and hidden risks for a 180 m² Tokyo retail renovation

    The unit will be vacant, so at least we are not trying to keep retail operations running around the works. The point about relocated services is helpful: the current budget describes the kitchen and bathrooms, but does not clearly separate reuse of existing routes from new plumbing access. I...
  7. W

    Tokyo property transactions: where do misunderstandings begin?

    When pricing evidence, finance and transaction documents are handled on different schedules, even a straightforward Tokyo property discussion can become difficult to follow. I work around this market and am opening a thread for practical questions about negotiation limits, rental issues and...
  8. W

    Contingency and hidden risks for a 180 m² Tokyo retail renovation

    The preliminary figure on the table is ¥30,140,000, but I hesitate to treat it as a reliable ceiling. This is a 180 m² Tokyo retail unit, and the proposed refurbishment covers wet areas, finishes, electrical review and some energy improvements without adding an extension. The finishes can be...
  9. W

    Brisbane mixed-use: is a +0.2% move meaningful?

    Financing matters, but I would not use it to explain every low offer. Seller motivation and price-cut timing can be just as important. A tired building with no reduction may sit while a better-presented one moves quickly, even in the same area. Track the first visible price cut, final completed...
  10. W

    Tokyo 5-bed villa: does ¥293,100 monthly rent justify ¥48,960,000?

    Before taking this any further, I need to decide whether the apparent return compensates for the costs I still cannot pin down. The Tokyo property is a 5-bed villa at ¥48,960,000, with projected rent of ¥293,100 a month and a headline yield of 7.2%. I have factored in vacancy, management...
  11. W

    Osaka first-time buyer: where should I start with market data?

    That’s fair. A useful first-purchase thread should separate three figures: purchase price, cash needed to complete, and likely spending after possession. New buyers often discuss the first figure in detail and bundle everything else into a vague allowance. Emma, are you already looking at actual...
  12. W

    Osaka first-time buyer: where should I start with market data?

    One missing detail: is the townhouse mainly intended as your home, a rental, or possibly both later? That changes which discussions will help most. An owner-occupier may accept renovation choices that do not improve rental returns, while an investor needs to model vacancies, management and...
  13. W

    Osaka first-time buyer: where should I start with market data?

    I’d start on the local board, but read it alongside your own spreadsheet of listings. Record asking price, area, age, condition, time listed and any later price change. Completed-price information is more useful, but listing history still helps you form better questions instead of treating every...
  14. W

    Comparing a 6.11% 15-year fixed mortgage quote in Tokyo

    That helps. I was focusing too much on the headline rate versus the quoted 6.11%, rather than forcing every offer into identical loan-to-value and time scenarios. I will ask for the fee amounts, payment schedule, balances at 5/10/15 years, early-repayment terms and the exact portability...
  15. W

    Rental deal in Dubai: AED 2,386,000 purchase, AED 7,724/month — sanity check

    I’m less convinced that energy performance is the main risk. If utilities are paid by the tenant, it may matter more to marketability than directly to your cash flow—though the lease and building arrangements need confirming. The bigger concern is starting from only 3.9% gross. Once service...
Back
Top