Recent content by WorthyRiver

  1. W

    New York appraisal Q&A: low valuations, timing and report access

    Should Haruto’s agent contact the appraiser to explain the renovation, or is that likely to create trouble now that the report has been delivered?
  2. W

    Is $53,190 a realistic renovation budget for this Chicago detached home?

    That helps. The $53,190 is still a planning figure rather than a contractor’s fixed scope, so the vague electrical wording is clearly a weakness. I can also separate paint and some flooring from the essential phase. Would you ask bidders to price investigation work first, then revise the...
  3. W

    Is $53,190 a realistic renovation budget for this Chicago detached home?

    I’m considering a $320,000 detached home in Chicago, 2,480 sq ft, and testing a preliminary renovation budget of $53,190. The scope is kitchen, bathrooms, flooring, paint, electrical checks and moderate energy upgrades, with no extension planned. Cosmetic work can wait; electrical or water...
  4. W

    Chicago detached rental at $560,000 and $3,980/month — what am I missing?

    If the rent or running costs are wrong, this could turn from an 8.5% headline yield into a poor return very quickly. The property is a 1-bed detached home in Chicago priced at $560,000, with projected rent of $3,980 per month. I have allowed for management, routine upkeep, vacant periods...
  5. W

    Buy Chicago condo at 5.71% or wait for rates to fall?

    I’m considering a $435,000 Chicago condo at a 5.71% mortgage rate. I can afford the monthly cost today, but I’m wondering whether waiting for cheaper financing would simply mean competing with more buyers before inventory improves. What stress tests would you use rather than trying to predict...
Back
Top